Commercial Performance Analyst - New Malden
Job no: 504962
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Wholesale & Product, Finance & Strategy, Business Support
Flight Centre Travel Group is looking for a Commercial Performance Analyst to be based at our UK Head Office in New Malden to support commercial decision-making for our UK and European air business. The role reports to the Head of Aviation for Europe.
Flight Centre Travel Group is not only one of the fastest growing travel companies in the UK, but we are already one of the world’s largest and most successful travel companies. We have both leisure and corporate travel businesses in Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Mexico, Singapore, UAE and across Europe. Our business is filled with passionate individuals who enjoy creating amazing travel experiences for our customers. Our worldwide growth gives our team extraordinary careers and we are always looking for new people to become part of our success story.
About the role
Responsible for taking our data analytics to the next level, this person will help to drive our strategic decision making. Working alongside our highly experienced commercial air team, the successful candidate will be unpicking the realms of data available and presenting it back to the business in digestible chunks. Looking for trends and patterns in this data will be hugely important.
This is an amazing opportunity to make a real impact in a fast-paced role where you will be responsible for providing accurate and insightful reporting, analytics and forecasts to help drive future business decisions. You will be inquisitive in nature with a keen eye for detail. You will enjoy manipulating large amounts of data with the ability to add commercial insight and identify trends and issues. If you can make sound recommendations, we're agile enough to quickly implement them.
Skills and Experience Required
- Revenue management experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret a complex contract and identify risks and opportunities
- Advanced Excel with practical Excel experience including intricate model design and implementation of business solutions
- Good level of education (degree in Mathematical subject preferred)
- Experience in airline industry (preferred)
- Experience in dashboard creation using tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Sisense (preferred)
- Experience working with ‘big data’ (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with initiative to resolve issues or pursue business opportunities as they are identified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels
- High level of commercial acumen and professionalism
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change and pressured work environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Proactive thinking and ability to challenge the process to innovate new insights and efficiencies
The ideal candidate will be working within the travel industry in any sector including, but not limited to Hotels, Car Hire, Travel Agency or Airline. In addition you will have a commercial background and have worked within one or more of the following roles:
- Commercial Business Analyst
- Business Insights
- Performance Analysis
- Yield or Revenue Management
Salary and Benefits
The Commercial Performance Analyst is offering a competitive salary and benefits. Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have just been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We encourage flexible working requests such as flexible start and finish times, some home working and working from another office within reason.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now