This is an opportunity to join a global, fast paced company, where Finance is at the heart of the business. We have a strong track record of developing our people. As such, this Product Management Accountant role is suitable for someone who wants to progress their career.
This is a diverse role and to be successful you need to be passionate about operational excellence, insightful reporting and business partnering as well maintaining strong financial controls. The role's primary focus will be on supporting our leisure land business.
This requires a significant amount of time providing analytical and reporting support to the business. You will need to be able to produce meaningful insight and clear reports from a range of data sources to evaluate and review the performance of the leisure land business. There will be numerous ad-hoc requests for insight as well as the need to produce standardised regular reporting. Understanding the operational business, the key income streams and their drivers will be essential to enable a successful business partnership with the senior leaders you are supporting.
As well as reporting and analysis, you will have full ownership of the Land P&L and Balance sheet, from correct journal and accruals to maintaining balance sheet standards. Process improvement and re-engineering will also be an expectation as you continuously strive to do things better and more efficiently, not just accepting the status quo.
You will also need to be commercially minded and able to identify and implement income and cost saving opportunities. Working strategically with the business leader to evaluate and implement these opportunities and providing the insight and data to support the validity of an initiative as well as measure it’s ongoing success.
This is a challenging role. For those prepared to make the commitment, and take responsibility for their career, there is a clear development pathway that leads from this role all the way up to CFO.
What we're looking for:
- Management accounting experience (subjective based accruals, audit support, budget/forecasting)
- Qualified (or nearly qualified) accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), with relevant degree
- Tech-savvy; you will be comfortable working with multiple systems, and ideally have some experience with data modelling and BI tools
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong reporting and analysis experience
Why Flight Centre?
Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have just been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. It is the dedication to our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for compressed hours, occasional home working or flexible start and finish times.
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.