Telephony Engineer - New Malden
Job no: 504666
Brand: Flight Centre Technology
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Information & Technology, Operations & Professional Services
At Flight Centre Travel Group, we're dedicated to giving our staff top-notch IT support and we've a fantastic opportunity for you to join our friendly IT team as a Telephony Engineer in our Head Office in New Malden. You will ensure the stable operation of Flight Centre Travel Group’s hosted telephony systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising telephony services delivered to our customers, in conjunction with our third party supplier. Avaya and VOIP knowledge, networking and call plan understanding are solid requirements for this role.
Skills and Experience for the Telephony Engineer
- Experience working in a technical analytical role responsible for managing corporate VOIP PBX Systems (Avaya preferred)
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and VOIP network protocols, firewall and switch management
- Experience and understanding of call routing plans and associated processes
- Project management skills are a definite asset
- General knowledge of Networking technologies (preferred)
- Knowledge of Active Directory, NTFS permissions, Windows systems (preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard (preferred)
- Experience working in an ITIL environment would be beneficial
- Understanding of virtualization, cloud and WAN technologies (preferred)
Salary and Benefits
Due to our outstanding company culture and fantastic benefits, we’re delighted to have achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. For this Telephony Engineer role you'll receive a £32.5K - £35K salary, plus monthly incentives based on targets you meet and exceed. On top of this, you'll gain access to our award-winning benefits, which include:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now