Social Media Manager (12 mths mat cover) - New Malden
Job no: 504532
Brand: Flight Centre Brand Marketing
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX, Business Support
The multi-award winning Flight Centre Travel Group is recruiting a Social Media Manager for a fixed term 12 month contract to cover maternity leave. You’ll be based within our fabulous content team in the fun and friendly Flight Centre marketing department, who have recently launched exciting new brand material and are already successfully spreading fabulous content across multiple social channels.
You will be an expert in the latest social media trends and platforms and apply your considerable experience to develop and maintain Flight Centre’s organic social media strategy. You will create content and set goals to increase brand awareness and engagement across the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, which you’ll then monitor and report back on using tools such as Google Analytics.
Additional responsibilities will include monitoring and engagement with our social audiences, responding to customer comments and, on rare occasions, helping to defuse complaints.
As a member of the content team, you will also be able to put your expert copy writing skills to use, by contributing to the Travel Blog and other marketing channels. You will work within Flight Centre's brand guidelines and ensure our channels reflect our tone of voice. You will also need to work flexibly to accommodate last minute copy requirements and projects when required.
Skills and Experience Desired
- Relevant Degree
- Ability to use social media management tools, such as Sprout Social
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Understanding of Google Analytics for social performance tracking and business reporting
- Experience of applying a data-driven approach to content creation
- Travel industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Experience of Photoshop and InDesign preferred
Rewards and Benefits
The Social Media Manager offers a competitive salary of £32.6K, plus the opportunity to earn monthly incentives, as well as our award-winning benefits package that includes:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
In principal this is an office based role however, 'flexible working' requests will be considered where possible and within reason, including home working once a fortnight and flexible start and finish times.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now