Credit Controller - New Malden
Job no: 504266
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Operations & Professional Services, Finance & Strategy
This is an opportunity to join a global, fast paced company, where Finance is at the heart of the business. The credit control team are responsible for coordinating debt collection and assisting with protracted disputes. We are recruiting a full time Credit Controller to be based in our Head Office in New Malden.
To be successful in this role you need to be passionate, professional, and comfortable working in a high pressure environment. The role is varied and involves reporting, reconciling, assisting the Accounts Receivable team, and liaising with the legal team as required. But the core of the role is collecting late payments and reducing Flight Centre’s risk. As such, an understanding of credit control processes and credit checking is essential.
- Complete credit checks for new and existing accounts
- Support the business with related queries
- Proactively identify accounts that pose a credit risk
- Provide advice to the Senior Leadership team to help reduce our credit risk
- Report on debt position to stakeholders
- Liaise with solicitors regarding litigation
- Prepare documents for litigation
- Collect payments on timely basis
- Monitor and control customer accounts
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Report credit limit breaches
- Supply team with ad hoc support
- Review and approve client refunds
What we’re looking for
- Credit control experience
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Amazing customer service
- Ability to quickly understand and use new tools and processes
Salary and Benefits
The Credit Controller attracts a salary of £24,300K base salary with the opportunity to earn incentives on top (OTE of £27K). Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have just been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
We encourage flexible working requests such as flexible start and finish times, home working and working from another office on completion of successful probation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now