Events Assistant Manager - New Malden
Job no: 504028
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Business Support
At cievents, we have worked hard to earn our position as a leading event management agency. We offer rewarding long-term career opportunities for all team members.
Do you have a passion for challenge and achievement, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to build your career in the dynamic world of event management? We have the perfect role for you as an Assistant Manager for the venue source team. Reporting to the Business Leader, your role will be to effectively support with managing the venue source team members, implementing the “ciway” throughout the business. You’ll be based in our head office in New Malden (14 minutes from Clapham Junction).
- Respond to all client enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure relevant client information and reporting is collected and updated
- Prepare accurate proposal and budget for clients by required deadlines
- Implement customer/event specific systems and processes to ensure accurate and efficient venue sourcing
- Develop and mentor team members
- Assist with reviewing and signing off supplier payments
- Develop new business across all cievents products
- Increase business through working effectively encouraging staff to source new business from existing and new clients
- Assist the Business Leader with analysing the monthly financial results
Experience required for Events Assistant Manager role
- Significant demonstrated venue source/ event management experience
- Experience in training and mentoring team members (preferable)
- MICE product experience in key regions
- Ideally, degree qualified, preferably in Event Management
- Sound knowledge of how to manage group travel
- Knowledge of all major suppliers and relevant MICE products/destinations
- Knowledge of event management operational processes, standards and procedures.
Salary and benefits for the Events Assistant Manager
For this role, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive base salary of £30K and the opportunity to earn profit share (£2,450 bonus) as well. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits.
Here is a taster of our benefits:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We believe our people should be part of an organisation with clear pathways to career growth, an exciting future and supportive working community. Promotion and transfers from within will always be our first choice.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now