Operations Leader - cievents
Job no: 503903
Work type: Full time
Location: Auckland, Central
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in our Auckland office to join global award winning events management agency cievents – the specialist conference, corporate event and incentive division of the Flight Centre Travel Group.
At cievents, we have worked hard to earn our position as a globally recognised and award winning Event Agencies. Our wide portfolio of clients includes global brand names, blue-chip corporates and medium size businesses. We boast some of the largest and most glamorous corporate events in the market, both here and overseas. We are looking for a an experienced Operational Leader to become a part of our fun, creative & growing team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the operational team to ensure the successful execution & delivery of all events.
- Manage the delivery of our large client events in New Zealand and overseas
- Lead the operations team to hit budgets and targets
- Maintain accurate files, budgets & critical paths in order to adhere to deadlines across all events
- Effectively manage the on-going training and development for the operational team
- Drive communication between team members and stakeholders
- Work on the operational strategy with the General Manager and then deploy
What you will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering both the event logistics and creative production elements of medium and large scale conferences and incentives in New Zealand and overseas
- Excellent overall event knowledge & experience in incentives, conferences and special events and outstanding pre-production and on-site management
- Knowledge of all major suppliers and relevant MICE product / destinations
- Experience in training, mentoring, inspiring and leading an operational team
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills - highly methodical, accurate and deadline driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly creative and can think "out of the box"
- Experience in using Cvent or similar event management software and airline reservation systems is desirable
What’s in it for you?
If you like to create amazing meetings & events, be creative and work across multiple industry sectors then cievents is the place for you. You should also seriously love travel because that's one of the best parts about working with us – many of our events are held offshore. Discounted personal travel and other associated benefits of our industry pulling power are truly great. The environment is incredibly dynamic. Our celebrations and parties are the stuff of, well, legends quite frankly! You'll enjoy a unique company culture focused on reward and recognition as well as an unbeatable living set of company philosophies designed to make you healthier, wealthier and wiser in your personal and professional development!
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW!
Back to search results Apply now