Senior Application Support Analyst - New Malden
Job no: 503821
Brand: Flight Centre Technology
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Business Support
At Flight Centre, we're proud to have achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. We're dedicated to giving our staff excellent IT support and we've a fantastic opportunity for you to join our friendly IT team as a Senior Application Support Analyst in our Head Office in New Malden. You will ensure the stable operation and support of our business applications and software portfolio. This will include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising various types of bespoke business applications and commercial software. This highly technical role will require a high level of technical aptitude to resolve user application issues in a timely and efficient manner, as well as identifying risks, issues and opportunities in our application portfolio.
The successful candidate will provide advice and subject matter expertise at a suitable technical level for operational business as usual work, planned projects and programmes, alongside being a mentor for junior members of the team and help and foster knowledge retention in the team. We are looking to migrate Flight Centre onto Microsoft Azure Cloud, so we need someone who is technically minded, has experience with similar migrations and a thirst for fixing problems.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of applications and software
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure and SAAS migration skills
- Commercial awareness, strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Extensive application support experience especially MS Office
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, SCOM
- Experience working within an ITIL framework
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Office 365
- Knowledge of current Windows Server and Desktop operating systems
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL Service Management
- Experience of providing first/second line support in an IT department
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
Salary and Benefits
You'll receive a £50K salary, plus monthly incentives (OTE of £55K) based on targets you meet and exceed. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits which include:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example home working one day a week.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now