Project and Systems Management Accountant - New Malden
Job no: 503739
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Business Support
This is an opportunity to join the Head Office of Flight Centre Travel Group, in New Malden, a global, fast paced company, where Finance is at the heart of the business. We have begun a project to replace our wholesale mid office system and introduce MS Dynamics, which has created an exciting and unique opportunity within our Product Finance team for a Project and Systems Management Accountant to support this project. This broad finance role combines systems accounting, project accounting and wider management accounting responsibilities and will be a key member of the newly formed Mid Office project team.
The wholesale mid office project represents the first phase of a larger global initiative to roll out MS Dynamics across all leisure and corporate brands. As such, this represents an exciting time of change for both the business and Finance. The mid office system is where all cost of sale accounting is completed and will interact with point of sale and back office accounting systems. The successful candidate will be the key finance representative on this project working with the UK based project team and the global project team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the accounting processes and financial controls that are established around the operation of the new mid office are robust, appropriate and efficient. Therefore you will have strong financial control and process re-engineering experience.
A key element of the role will be to ensure that any operational processes around the new mid office have strong financial controls tied to them to ensure the integrity of reported revenue. This will involve the understanding and the mapping of the end to end sales accounting process and how this is reflected in the balance sheet. With this representing an introduction of a new system there is the need to fully establish a new control environment including reconciliation processes around key control accounts, reporting and treatment of exceptions. Crucial to this will be defining the split of responsibilities between operations and finance and the responsibilities of key centralised operations in Australia.
Another main element of the role is that of project accounting. As the chief Finance representative on the project, the Management Accountant will be responsible for reporting and tracking all project spend, ROI, and accounting for the project. As this project is in initiation phase the first step will be the creation of a project budget and ROI modelling.
To be successful in the role the candidate will have the following key competences and experiences:
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, with an ability to communicate with finance and non-finance individuals
- Experience of implementing control environments around finance systems
- Strong management accounting experience across multiple roles
- Good understanding of transactional finance areas, ideally having working in some/all of the following areas early in finance career: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Project Accounting experience and ability to build robust ROI models
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Passion and aptitude for process reengineering
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver on commitments
- Genuine team player, appreciating the importance of team goals
- Proven ability to multitask
- Good time management; being flexible and adaptable
- Keen desire to learn new things
- Proven focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of processes
Why Flight Centre?
Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have just been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. It is the dedication to our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now