Finance Systems - New Malden
Job no: 503452
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Business Support
This is an opportunity to join the Head Office of Flight Centre Travel Group, a global, fast paced company, where Finance is at the heart of the business. We have a strong focus on developing our people. As such, this Finance Systems role is suitable for someone who wants to progress their career.
The Finance Systems role will see you being responsible for the configuration, development, maintenance and administration of the Antares mid office and Axapta back office systems. This will involve working with various areas of the business, including Operations, Finance, Taxation, Regulatory and Technology ensuring the systems operate effectively, efficiently and enable company and customer objectives to be achieved. The successful candidate will strive to improve business processes and operations through prototyping and developing enhancements and managing systems upgrades. The individual will be responsible for development and maintenance of user procedure documentation manuals. They will look to train system users both within and outside Finance.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for systems support relating to issues and questions and will maintain the relationship with third party providers of the systems. The individual will provide expertise for consultants with invoice related queries and support. You’ll sit within the team that manages the production of credit card hand off files and enhanced data. Part of your duties will be to provide support for real time authorisation. This exciting role will require the individual to build strong working relationships across various departments and with external third party providers.
To succeed in the role we’re looking for someone with
- Mid/back office systems experience
- Strong systems knowledge and a burning desire to identify new opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both in terms of writing and oral presentation
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to initiate change and ensure timely delivery of such change
- A proven record of providing systems support to business leaders, building strong working relationships quickly
- Ability to attain support and buy in from peers
- Strong planning and coordination skills, with the drive and flexibility to hit hard deadlines
- Travel Industry experience (desirable)
- GDS experience (desirable)
Why Flight Centre?
Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have just been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. It is the dedication to our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now