Finance Business Partner - New Malden
Job no: 502990
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden
Categories: Business Support
We have a fantastic opportunity to become part of the senior leadership team for Flight Centre Travel Group, which is a fast growing business as a Finance Business Partner, based in Head Office in New Malden. You will be responsible for ensuring that the business has all the information they need to grow the business profitability. Given your hands on approach, this will not be a simple matter of producing a report; instead you will be actively involved in the delivery of the business plan, along with the rest of the senior leadership team.
To be successful in this role you will be highly commercial. You will very quickly develop a strong understanding of the business in order to identify both new opportunities, and margin improvement opportunities. You will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. You need to be professional, but you bring your own personality, humour, and self-pride to the role. You’re not afraid of large data sets; you’re used to taking this in your stride and turning it into valuable insights. While there is a month end, most of your time will be unstructured, so you need to be a self-starter who can work independently, but also as part of several multi-disciplinary teams. This role will be challenging, as your multiple priorities will change as we operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. And that is OK, as you’re used to ensuring your to-do list is prioritised in such a way that you always deliver results.
In return, the position offers exciting challenges and superb individual development opportunities. You will be operating in a highly commercial role, interacting with some of our most senior business leaders and will be expected to deliver tangible net margin improvements within the business. For those prepared to make the commitment, and take responsibility for their career, there is a clear development pathway that leads from this role all the way up to CFO.
- Identify and promote income opportunities
- Drive an awareness of client profitability and implement plans to address low or un-profitable accounts
- Ensure cost control initiatives are in place, and that we have a measurable ROI for all of OPEX and CAPEX
- Improve top line and productivity measures
- Create a sense of urgency when implementing profit initiatives
- Foster strong relationships with the senior leaders in your brand, the rest of the Finance team, and other key stakeholders
- Develop a detailed understanding of how the business operates to facilitate accurate forecasts and financial reporting
- Take complete ownership of the budget and forecast process
- Review and improve your area’s reporting
- Identify, communicate, and implement opportunities to improve income margin
- Ensure robust cost control measures are in place
- Develop plans to raise awareness of our cost margin and how to improve it, and track the results
- Take full responsibility for the Trial Balance, ensuring that income, expenses, assets, and liabilities are all recognised within policy
- Ensure your TB is accurate so that results reflect the activity within the month; no under or over accruals
- Develop an understanding of our Cash Commitment and Delegated Authority policies to ensure compliance within your areas
- Take advantage of our existing large data sets to investigate, understand and communicate margin opportunities, and develop new reporting
- Use BI Tools to develop reporting and track initiatives
- Be comfortable working with a large number of systems
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), with a relevant degree, and 3 years management accounting experience
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
- Commercially astute
Rewards and Benefits
For this Finance Business Partner role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary £40K-£45K OTE plus incentives and access to a wealth of benefits that we are renowned for:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted personal travel (including flights, hotels and more)
- Highly renowned social events including summer ball, overseas awards ceremonies
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now