Associate Director of Live Events - New York NY
Job no: 502427
Work type: Full time
Location: New York
Position Description – Associate Director of Live Events, New York
Your purpose in this role will be to INSPIRE your audience, to stimulate their hearts and minds and drive them to achieve their business goals. This role is a stepping stone to the Director of Live Events role and will manage a small portfolio of clients while still working on some events under the Director of Live Events to continue learning and development.
You'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with other directors to ensure effective management of workflow and team resources.
- Being the key contact for your client accounts, to ensure our delivery is exceeding their expectations and that we retain and grow their business.
- Developing a strategic, proactive plan for each client to increase ROI on their events program.
- Contributing to creating a positive working environment with a high level of team spirit and commitment where staff can reach their full potential and achieve personal & career goals.
- Utilizing leadership skills to develop and mentor Event Managers and Event Coordinators within the team.
- Reviewing and signing off on venue contracts, mid-month updates, month end updates, job reconciliations, and budgets for your clients.
- Participate in Business Planning and regular leadership meetings to assist with identifying clear strategies to achieve the agreed goals for the business.
- Work closely with event travel and creative teams to ensure we are delivering for the client on all aspects of their event and that our efforts across various teams are well coordinated.
- Ensure communication systems are in place including weekly WIP meetings for all projects and client communication procedure is strictly adhered to.
- Report back to the USA SWOT team on the status of all your accounts monthly.
- Proven track record effectively managing key client relationships;
- Demonstrated excellence in event delivery and use of ciway systems and processes;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience managing a team of event planners;
- Computer Skills- high level of skill with Cvent and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to pass on your skills and knowledge to more junior members of the team;
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills at a senior level;
- A knowledge of major suppliers and relevant MICE products/destinations
Drive, determination and focus;
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated event, conference and incentive management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management, Business or Marketing preferred.
What WE can offer YOU!
- Strengths based culture
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights https://vimeo.com/288474385/8d7ebe0ebc
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K with up to 3% company match after 3 months
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Giving back through the Flight Centre Foundation (Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Earth Share)
Location: New York, NY
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now