Director of Live Events - Montvale NJ
Job no: 502426
Work type: Full time
Location: New Jersey
Your purpose in this role will be to INSPIRE your audience, to stimulate their hearts and minds and drive them to achieve their business goals.
You'll be responsible for:
- Report weekly to the President, cievents regarding the status of work flow within your team particularly highlighting any critical periods and increased staffing requirements.
- Collaborating with other directors to ensure effective management of workflow and team resources.
- Being the key contact for key stakeholders within the Leisure business and strategic project manager for all events in their portfolio.
- Developing a strategic, proactive plan for each existing brand to increase ROI, main hard costs and grow co-op where possible.
- Creating a positive working environment with a high level of team spirit and commitment where staff can reach their full potential and achieve personal & career goals.
- Utilize leadership skills to develop and mentor Event Managers and Event Coordinators within the team.
- Reviewing and signing off on venue contracts, mid-month updates, month end updates, job reconciliations, fiscal year budget plans for all Leisure Brands and any subsequent reforecasts.
- Participate in Business Planning and regular leadership meetings to assist with identifying clear strategies to achieve the agreed goals for the business.
- Work closely with promotion, creative, digital and product teams within Leisure Support to ensure all marketing elements are executed.
- Ensure communication systems are in place including weekly WIP meetings for all projects and weekly team meetings.
- Report back to the USA SWOT team on the status of all your accounts monthly.
- Demonstrated leadership capability;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience managing a team of event planners;
- Computer Skills-experience with Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills at a senior level;
- MICE produce experience in key regions;
- A knowledge of major suppliers and relevant MICE products/destinations
Drive, determination and focus;
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated event, conference and incentive management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management, Business or Marketing preferred.
What WE can offer YOU!
- Strengths based culture
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights https://vimeo.com/288474385/8d7ebe0ebc
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K with up to 3% company match after 3 months
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Giving back through the Flight Centre Foundation (Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Earth Share)
Location: Montvale, NJ
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now